Dear Students of George Brown College,
The Student Association of George Brown College is actively monitoring the global outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are currently following the official guidance from the Public Health Agency of Canada in order to support the health and well-being of Students.
The Student Association (SA) will remain open as long as the college is open, but with reduced programs and services. For information and updates regarding SA programs and events, please visit the SA website, social media channels or contact the SA directly at 416.415.5000 ext. 2455 (SJ), WF (5360) and CL (4730)
As per the message from the President of George Brown College, Anne Sado, “We don’t have any reported cases on campus, your health and safety is our top priority. As a precaution, George Brown College has decided to suspend in-person classes from Saturday, March 14th to Sunday March 22nd, 2020 for the safety of all students and to work on an action plan to avoid any potential outbreak on our campuses.”
We are in the constant communication with the senior administration of George Brown College to provide input on behalf of the student body regarding this matter.
Please assure to follow this cleaning procedure to help prevent spread of Coronavirus
- Wash your hands often with soap water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- Follow the cough and sneeze etiquette
- Clean and disinfect surfaces, tables and chairs
For students inquiring about their health plans, relating to this issue, please see the two communication channels below for students to reach out to in regards to COVID-19
- Morcare call centre is available to assist with any inquiry, appointment set up and coverage confirmation.
- Students can reach them at 1-888-985-1552
- In addition, students are able to reach out to the insurance company directly. Their team is equipped to take COVID-19 calls anytime.
- Students can reach IA assist at 1-866-472-8356
If you need any academic support please reach out the Director of Education and Equity at firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to email@example.com. So we can collect them and bring them to the college for you.
The health and well-being including the safety of our student members is important to the Student Association. We will be updating our members as new information becomes available.
Please voice your concerns to Student Association as we will continue to represent your interest.
Please stay connected and reach out to us on social media.
Facebook: SA of GBC
Community Care Centre Facebook: CCC
Community Care Centre Instagram: Community Care Centre